UA-66648220-12

Monday 7 October 2013

Teochew-Style Steamed Cod ??????





Teochew-Style Steamed Pomfret is something I often eat at home when I was young. I'm a Teochew, by the way. ;)



My husband has high cholesterol hence I try not to use Pomfret in my cooking. Since the kids love Cod a lot, I usually use Cod. This way, everyone will get to enjoy it and I don't have to prepare different dishes for different people, which is what I usually do.



I would love to use Pomfret here as the meat is fine and soft. If you do you have any restriction, go ahead to use Pomfret for the recipe.








Ingredients:


  • 2 slice Cod

  • 1 Tomato or 8 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced thickly

  • 8 stalk Spring Onion, whites part only, cut into smaller sections

  • 2 slice Ginger

  • 1 leaf Salted Vegetable, about 2 tablespoon full when diced

  • A handful Shimeji Mushroom

  • 1 Salted Plum, pitted and cut into 4 pieces if sharing.

  • 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce

  • 100ml Water

  • Some Wolfberries (optional)






How to do it:


  1. Divide all ingredients into 2 portions.

  2. Place individual portion separately in 2 plates.

  3. Steam for 7 to 9 minutes depending on the size of the cod used.

  4. Serve immediately.






Note:


  • Shimeji mushroom can be replaced with the Fresh Shitake Mushroom or traditionally used dried mushroom.

  • If using dried mushroom, rehydrate 1 to 2 mushroom before using.










Subscribe to get more videos :